Airgun Taster Sessions | Safe Family Fun
- Book a Taster Session £35 one off fee for Adults and £30 for Juniors aged 9+ for your chosen discipline. To book a lane, please call 01709 837906 – See our FAQ Section to see if you require a ‘Taster Session’
- Target Sports currently available for Taster Sessions are 33 yds Air Rifle, Olympic Air Pistol/Rifle and DryFire Shotgun Simulator
- Would you like to become a member? Choose a membership package, fill out our membership form at the Target Sports Leisure Centre
- Interested in what you will be doing during your Taster Session? See our FAQ’s section of the website
- Membership: Great fun with like minded people. Monthly and annual competitions, Trophies, Tuition, help and advice with setup
Air Rifle Taster Sessions are great fun and a great Introduction to Target Sports for ages 9 plus. Age is not a problem for a taster session, but size is. 9 years and over can generally sit on the range stools and safely support a rifle un-aided. Unfortunately if your child can not reach, they can not shoot until they grow a bit! we recommend you call in with them and let them try the bench rest before committing to a taster session.
On your taster session everything is supplied so all you need to do is turn up 5 minutes before your booking time and sign in. We have a large selection of Target Rifles at the club and pick one to suit your ability. All the rifles are extremely accurate, so there will be no excuses!
Our rifles are fitted with the latest scope technology from Hawke Optics which ensures you will have no problem seeing the target down the range. If you wear glasses or contact lenses you will have no problem using our scopes, you can try them with or without glasses to see which is the most comfortable.
Taster Sessions are not a class room scenario, once you are comfortable in your lane, you will shoot for one hour, typically around 200 shots but there is no limit to the number of shots you can get through in a hour.
We start the Taster Sessions with a introduction to gun safety, scope adjustments and alignment, Trigger pull and gun fit. We talk about pellet selection and trajectory and we shoot out to a distance of 33yds.
You will learn about grouping shots at distances of 10 yds, 15 yds, 20 yds, 25 yds and 33 yds. You will put your trajectory lesson to use with our knock down targets at varying distances and you will also take part in the Bell Challenge which is a 6mm hole at 33yds to active a mp3 track with your lane number. The pellet width you are using is 4.5mm in width and moves in the air !!
South Yorkshire Shooting Club run a global Airgun competition called ‘Target Sports Central’ and towards the end of your Taster Session you will take part in a fun version of this competition so you can compare your ability against some of the best bench rest competitors in the world. You can also win a family taster session pass for four, should you record the highest taster session competition score of the year. See our leader board here . .
We look forward to meeting you and having some good safe Airgun fun on the Range. To book a Taster Session please call 01709 837906
Other Taster Session Disciplines are available such as Pistol and DryFire Simulator. These disciplines are harder than Air Rifle and we do suggest taking part in the Air Rifle Taster Session first if you have no experience at all in Pistol and Shotgun.